A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Loreal touch on highlights

L'Oreal Touch-On Highlights Toasted Almond H50

Highlights at home. Just the mention of highlights reminds me of college days and seeing more than my fair share of at home dye jobs gone wrong. I was looking for something simple, a few shades lighter than my natural shade, and most importantly natural looking. I was not searching for bright blonde I just wanted a few strands in a mocha shade. And salons don’t always get what I want either- I say light brown and that can be interpreted in so many different ways.
So I headed to my local store and found this box that was supposed to be easy to use and quick. I was actually extremely pleased with the quality and simplicity of use. I did not use the applicator as it kept on getting caught in my hair. Instead I picked a few strands and colored them from root to tip and was careful not to accidently dye parts I did not want highlighted.
The dye itself is blue and is very easy to see when you apply.

In 15 minutes the color was set and I shampooed and conditioned with the included after color conditioner as normal. To style I just blow dried my curly hair straight and used a shine serum. I was very pleased since this look was natural and a good change for those who don’t want to color their entire head but just want a little change.

No comments:

Post a Comment