A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lobster frittata recipe



Last time I was in San Diego, I checked out a place called the Cottage and I was very inspired by their lobster frittata. I had never had a frittata before and I was very happy that I tried it in the restaurant. As soon as I came home I wanted to find a similar recipe. I didn’t find anything close to what I had enjoyed so I improvised and created my own version.

To make your frittata (serves 6)
You will need
6 eggs
2 tbs olive oil
¼ cup milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 whole tomato chopped finely
2 green onions chopped finely
1 cooked lobster tail chopped
Sour cream (for garnish)
Avocado (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 350. Add oil to a skillet and heat until warm. Add chopped tomatoes and green onions. Cook for several minutes until onions are fragrant and soft. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add to the skillet. Cook until mixture is around half way done. Place skillet in oven and cook until done.

After eggs have hardened I cut this into 6 pieces and top each piece with lobster, a slice of avocado and a bit of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment