A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ripley's Believe it or Not! Times Square



One of my favorite shows growing up was Ripley's Believe it or Not. 


The show itself was only on tv for several years around 2000-2003 and covered strange artifacts, weird laws, and other unique and interesting feature stories. I was always a fan because I would learn so many new things when I was watching it and it inspired me to want to travel to different locations (or in some cases, NOT travel to certain locations.)

So during a recent trip to NYC I decided to check out the “odditorium” located in Times Square. There were many people in line and the best part is that it is open till 1am so even if you are a night owl like me you can still enjoy the museum. The museum itself was small with many interesting items inside. One of the best parts is towards the end there is this pathway leading to an exit but around it is a circular moving wall. It basically causes you to have motion sickness because it shocks your mind into thinking you are in a spiral.

The gift shop was also a great feature and I liked the different assortment of candies (especially rock candy since many candy stores do not carry it anymore) and gummy creatures and other sweets.

Travel tip: This is a good place to go for an hour if you are in Times Square. Be sure to visit the website as sometimes there are buy one get one tickets available or other deals online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment