A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chanel Enigma - The perfect smoky eye???

Eyeshadow LES 4 OMBRES

When Stila discontinued the taking Smoky Eye Palette I was on a mission to find a new palette so I visited my local mall to try to find something high quality, that I would be able to wear every day, and not too shimmery. 

After visiting the Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and Dior counter, I walked over to the Chanel counter to see what was available and the makeup artist showed me all the new releases and eye shadow quads that were available. I saw the Enigma quad and the Smoky Eye quad and asked to try both of them on back of my hands. Engima appeared to be a lighter and more demure version of the smoky eye palette. However, when I tried the colors on Enigma was the hands down winner. The Engima Palette creates a smoky eye that has a slight purple and deep grey undertone. The pink color is very sheer and only slightly shimmery. And the results when you add a bit of water to the makeup brush become much more intense.

After buying the Chanel quad in Enigma I tried the palette later in the week and got many compliments on it. It is the essential for creating the perfect smoky eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment