A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pete's New Haven Style Apizza



Pizza margarita: tomato sauce, bufula mozzarella, basil. Note the fantastic brown bubbles on the crust. That comes from hand-rolling the dough (rather than using a rolling pin) and putting the pie into a 900-degree oven.

I visit Pete's New Haven Style Apizza when I am in the mood for a pizza. I have tried almost every single pizza on their menu and my favorite is the Margarita pizza (shown above). I like the crispiness of the crust, the saltiness of the cheese, and the tomato sauce is very good. The portions are large. I usually go with 3 friends and if we all split one pizza there is still plenty for everyone to have several slices. 

The creme soda is fantastic. I can't quite remember the name of the brand but it is not your standard creme soda. The tea's and other drinks are your standard fare for a pizza place. The ingredients here are much high quality than in other pizza shops in the area and I am willing to pay more for a premium product. (Not really a big fan of the major pizza brands)

The tiramisu and cookies are great for those in the mood for a bite of something sweet after they eat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment