A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Preparing for Fashion Week - every year it is different



Preparing for the first day of fashion week is a little bit like the first day of school. You never know who you will meet or who you will run into and you want to make a great first impression. There are always paparazzi waiting for the latest socialite/movie star/reality show personality to arrive and sometimes they even get outfits of different people attending. The key is originality. 

I remember the first time I went to fashion week with my sister and I got hooked on the red lip look. Before that I never wore bright red lipstick but during fashion week everything goes including, but not limited to, bright red lips and a full smokey eye.

One of the ways I prepare is to visit youtube and watch different makeup videos. Obviously it is so easy to get someone to do the look for you but I want to be original, unique and myself. Then I draw on movies, songs, film, clippings from magazines, and my own mind to create unique one of a kind looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment