A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

Terrapin VA Beach


I first read about Terrapin on Yelp. Recently I have been into the food network and travel channel and trying new places especially high rated restaurants whether they be a three star or five star place my concern is making sure the food is great. Terrapin did not disappoint and would be perfect for a special event.

I had the tomato mozzarella salad as a starter. The tomatoes were farm fresh and the cheese was slightly warm/melted. It was one of the best salads I have ever had because the ingredients were all local and fresh. I could tell this was not "pre made." The basil was finely chopped and sprinkled on top as a garnish. 

The main course was a bouillabaisse with all clams, mussels and local fish. The seasoning was excellent on this dish and it was slightly spicy but not overpowering. The bread they offer is freshly baked and I must say it was the best bread that I have had in a long time. 

Even the fried chicken was very good. It was juicy on the outside and tender on the inside and came with truffle mac and cheese as part of the seasonal menu. Both were excellent as far as fried chicken and mac and cheese go but the seafood dish was by far my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment