Sunday, September 1, 2013
Fashion week- dramatic makeup @ drugstore prices
To create this look you need flawless foundation, black eye pencil, black and white eye shadow, blush and a mauve lip color.
After reading in one of the major fashion magazines that foundation is one of those products that cost a company 50-70 cents an ounce I was surprised and slightly horrified. But if you think about it you are getting an ounce of product at most and most high end foundations can run $40-$60. So I tried a few drug store brands and I am convinced that Revlon custom creates is a very close dupe to my Dior foundation.
The eye pencil you use needs to be super soft and easy to blend. Milani makes a great eyeliner and is my new favorite eye pencil for a super dramatic look. The shade in true black is very comparable to the Victoria's Secret pencil in terms of staying power and the fact that it blends very well. The actual pencil, not the retractable one, is my favorite. It is under $5 at CVS.
Blush is so personal. If you use too much on yourself you can look like miss piggy. Use too little and nothing shows up.
False lashes can really take a regular mascara and make it amazing. Personally I still prefer Diorshow mascara in black because it really is dramatic and if I am wearing no other makeup it makes my lashes look amazing. Adding in false lashes by Ardell and you will be runway ready in no time.
Now for the eye shadow. Personally Chanel quad in Smokey eye is my favorite but the closest drugstore buy is Rimmel.
Ok so now to the step by step way to make this look yours.
1. Apply foundation with a blush. Be sure to blend well about the nose area and right under the eyes.
2. Apply a primer on your lids and allow to dry. Any primer will do.
3. Apply the colors in the eyeshadow quas. White in in the inner corner of your eye by the tear duct, grey on the eyelid and black in the crease. Blend well.
4. Apply the eyeliner and blend well.
5. Apply the lashes and mascara. A good lash glue is Duo.
6. Apply the blush
7. Apply mauve lipstick