A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

Julep - Bare Face Cleansing Oil and Eye Pencil product review





Finally got my goodies from Julep today. I have been anxiously awaiting this package in the mail. Keep in mind it does take a while for this to come to your door. So for those wondering - it is usually about a week and a half from the time you order. Sometimes more. 

The face cleanser is made in the USA, the pencil is made in the Czech Republic and the Sharpener is made in Germany. 

The face cleanser is a sunny golden yellow tone. I expected the product to be a lot thicker than it actually was. With my current cleanser I need about 1 to 2 pumps of product to clean my face. With Julep's Bare Face Cleanser I need about 4 pumps to do the same. The product is on the watery side. The smell is excellent for those who love citrus scents and personally I found it refreshing. Overall I think that the "full size products" is a little misleading. This product is really watered down. I would say it's closer to 1.7 oz of actual product (a true sample size for most companies). The product is marked 3.5 oz. 




The eye pencil is brown on one side and black on the other. The black is not as dark as Urban Decay. It is not as dark as Milani cosmetics. It is a dark grey not a black as advertised. It is, however, waterproof, as I applied the eye pencil and then had to use quite a bit of makeup remove to get it off.  

The sharpener was excellent. 

Do I think this is $40 worth of product? No.

I would rate the products a 5 out of 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment