A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Breakfast Sandwich idea - Egg white Spinach and Avocado sandwich



One of my favorite places to go on a Sunday morning is a local Corner Bakery cafe and enjoy one of the breakfast panini's with my friends or family. My personal favorite is this Spinach Avocado breakfast sandwich and it is actually super easy to make at home.

To make my version I use:
1 slice of Harvest Bread from whole foods
1 handful of baby spinach
2 eggs white omelette (I use Better than Eggs).
2 tablespoons of shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 quarter of an avocado chopped
Salsa to taste

I toast the bread in the toaster while I fry up the egg whites. When the egg whites are almost done I add in the cheddar cheese. I know that the regular recipe in the store calls for Eggs I prefer the cholesterol free version because it is more healthy. I use better than Eggs and it is really close to regular eggs. 

I place the toast on a plate, then add the spinach, then add the avocado, then add the egg white and cheese omelette. I do an "open face" sandwich meaning I only use 1 slice of bread. This is a great and healthy way to start your morning. A great add on to this would be some bacon, potatoes, or even fresh fruit or orange juice.  


No comments:

Post a Comment