A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Sunday, November 30, 2014

2014 Black Friday Shopping Haul

Chanel handbag

Chanel handbag   (see more Chanel)


This year on Black Friday I decided I was only going to buy things that I would definitely use. I think the shopping mentality of shop until you drop can really get you buying inexpensive pieces that fall apart after a few wears. This year I went shopping in Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom Rack in Chevy Chase, MD. 



The deal at Lord and Taylor was a $20 off $40 certificate. I got a limited edition Chanel eye shadow quad for $41 plus tax. Considering Chanel never goes on sale that was a pretty good deal. They also had eye shadow duos for $41 so that would have been only $21 after the certificate. Pretty good deal and available to the first 500 shoppers. The certificate was applicable on everything in the store. The best deals were in cosmetics. I came back on Saturday and got another certificate (they were giving out certificates Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning). This time I got 3 Ralph Lauren sets for my son for a whopping $20 total. 

The deal at Nordstrom Rack was an extra 30 percent off all clearance. This Kate Spade Quinn bag was marked down to $140. Minus the 30 percent it was about $100. Pretty sweet deal considering the retail is around $400 and they are currently selling on ebay for around $150. 


No comments:

Post a Comment