A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fashion Week Inspiration and Day One Hair and Makeup



This year I wanted a very chic look for the first day of fashion week (only one day away). I chose the sleek and straight hair style that Gwyneth Paltrow wore to a red carpet event a few years ago. This look is almost universally flattering. 

To recreate this look at home you will need a good flat iron (like the Croc flat iron shown below), a shine spray, a heat protector spray, and a good comb. 

Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron Straightener, 1"

I usually start by spraying my hair with a heat protector spray and separating the hair into different sections with a hair clip. Using small one inch pieces I flat iron each piece before moving onto the next. One I am done with one section I pin it back using a hair clip and then start ironing another section that is clipped up until I am done with all my hair. At the very end I add a shine spray or Argan Oil spray use a comb to make sure I do not have any fly away hair. 

Once I am done with my hair I move on to makeup. I usually wear heavier makeup to a fashion show but this year I decided to try a tinted moisturizer instead. I applied primer to my entire face (I used Smashbox primer). 

Once I was done with primer I applied a tinted moisturizer by bare minerals, and some blush by tigi. 


I added some black eyeliner to my inner and outer lash line and blended well. I used Clinique eyeliner as the applicator is very convenient. Two coats of diorshow and a light lipstick and makeup is all done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment