A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lilly for Target



The Lilly for Target hype really reached a whole different level this weekend. I woke up extra early today only to have the site crash several times on me. I really wanted to buy the $15 tote bag. Online it sold out within minutes. And it said the only availability was in stores. My strategy was to visit the store in the early morning but I never expected to see what I saw at 7:15 in the morning. The parking lot was already full and the line had hundreds of women in it. All vying for clothes, bags, shoes and jewelry from the collection. 

I became really nervous and hoped that I would be able to get the one thing I had wanted. As the doors opened I ran straight towards the accessories section and managed to grab the very last tote for $15. I then headed towards the dresses section and was horrified to see a very small rack and no more dresses left. In fact, because people at the head of the line had grabbed cart fulls of dresses and cleared the racks completely there was nothing left. This was at 8:03 in the morning. 

I tried standing near the fitting room and got very lucky when someone didn't want one of the dresses and I snagged a maxi dress. It happened to fit very well but I was still shell shocked from seeing so many people act very aggressively. 

Even more shocking was the fact people were hoarding carts filled of stuff and then posting the items on ebay for 3-4 times the actual cost. Even some people ahead of me in the line were unable to even get one item from the collection. 

It will be interesting to see if in a week or so people start returning some of the stuff in stores but definitely was not expecting black friday in the spring!!





No comments:

Post a Comment