A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Friday, July 29, 2016

Model of the Day - Jordin Shives



During DC Swim I had the pleasure of meeting Jordin Shives who was one of the runway models during the show. Today's feature is an interview by Jordin. You can check out Jordin's website by clicking here. 

1. How did you get involved in modeling?

For years I had been told that I should look into modeling. When I started college, I contacted a few models from my state. They gave me references to a few photographers in my area. Luckily one took an interest in me and taught me about the business. Quickly after starting, I fell in love with modeling.



2. What has been your favorite photo shoot or event thus far?

My favorite event so far was DC Swim Week. It was my first runway event that I was selected to walk the entire week. It was an awesome event. The designers had such unique pieces, the girls and I got so close backstage, and the directors put on a great show all four nights. I was so happy to be a part of such an event.

3. What inspires you?

I'm inspired by many different things. From material items, to people and places. My mom inspires me to constantly strive for my dreams and work hard to achieve them. And in the process, be kind to everyone you meet. She is my role model.


4. Do you have a celebrity or model you'd like to work with?

I would love to work with Candice Swanepoel. She is my modeling inspiration! I think she is absolutely gorgeous. And she seems to have such a kind heart.

5. School/Education/Bio

I'm from a small town in Pennsylvania called Shippensburg. I started school but since I am moving to LA in January I'm going to settle on the west coast before starting my education career back up.


6. Goals for the Year

My goal for the year is get better as a model and grow as a person.

7. One beauty or style secret to share with readers?

I love wearing nude colored clothing and spicing it up with colored jewelry.

Follow Jordin on instagram by clicking here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment