A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

A travel, fashion and lifestyle blog

Friday, December 16, 2016

W7 Lightly Toasted vs. Urban Decay Palette

Image result for w7 palette lightly toasted
The past two months I have been doing a lot of traveling. I've been to New York, Houston, and several cities in between. So that doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging or much of anything else. One of the things I was looking for during my travels was an inexpensive dupe for my Urban Decay Palette.

Image result for urban decay palette
I first found out about W7 cosmetics through a friend that did some travel abroad. She mentioned that when she was in the UK there was a brand called W7 that was inexpensive, but highly pigmented and good quality. I had to check it out and found out that the UK brand is carried in several US stores and Walmart online.

So I ordered a set with low expectations. My usual Urban Decay Naked Palette runs around $54 at Ulta. No way was a $7 set going to beat the quality.

I was really wrong, and I was surprised at just how well the W7 colors stood up. The colors were highly pigmented even without a primer and long lasting. Some of the W7 colors are different from the Urban Decay (slightly lighter or darker) but, depending on how much product you apply the colors can be very close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment